Friday, February 08, 2008

Learning English-3

come it

Don't try to come it!

come next

The military government refused to allow the people their right to vote; what came next was violence and lawlessness.

come of

The chief engineer promised to help, but I don't think anything will come of it, since he himself is to be sent to the turkey farm soon.

I don't know what will come of the boy if he keeps failing his exams.

Che Guevara comes of a rich family, yet he fights for the poor.

In China, a young person comes of age on his or her 18th birthday.

come off

The open-air party came off in spite of the heavy rain.

“House of flying Daggers” didn't come off as well as one had hoped.

He always comes off badly in debates.

come off

I've heard that $1000 per square meter is coming off the price of the house.

Come off it, tell the truth!

come on

I can feel a cold coming on.

The night nurse doesn't come on till midnight.

come on

Fear came on the Ghoul as he stood in the empty coffin chamber.

Suddenly it came on me where I had seen her before.

Cited from http://lghbe.blog.sohu.com/

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home